Job Title: Lunch Time Assistant
Location: Stanbridge Road, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 9JH, United Kingdom
Base Pay: £8.20 - £9.02 / Hour
Employee Type: Part Time
Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner time Supervisor – Nurseries, Preschools
Hours: 15 – 25 hours per week
Reporting to: Deputy, Manager and Senior Childcare Manager
Purpose of the role
To provide play/care services for children registered with Kids Play Childcare in accordance with national standards for out of school care and in house policies and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
· To supervise and care for children under the direction of the practitioners while allowing staff to have breaks.
· To work in partnership with the practitioners in supporting children’s personal, social and emotional development.
· To help to serve lunch, support the children during meals and clear dishes, cups/beakers and cutlery once mealtime is finished.
· To make sure that any food on the floor and tables is cleared away as soon as the children finish meals.
· To help to tidy away resources as required by nursery practitioners.
· To ensure that the manager’s policies and procedures are followed at all times and to ensure that Ofsted standards are followed.
· To work as part of a team in providing safe, caring and stimulating environment for children aged from birth to 12 years depending on setting.
· To ensure the highest standards of safety, hygiene and welfare whilst maintain adequate supervision of the conduct of the children attending the nursery.
· To assist the manager in ensuring the company’s equal opportunity policy is adhered to.
· To treat information of matters relating to work within the setting as confidential.
· Any other duties in regards to the setting.
· Ideally a recognised childcare qualification level 2 or above
· Ideally some previous experience working in childcare
· A real passion for working with children
· A strong command of the English language
· Flexibility and punctuality