Join our friendly, successful and professional team, becoming part of our continued growth and development within the exciting Fibre Optics market. We design, manufacture and distribute a wide range of cables and cabling products.
We currently have the following opportunities for the right candidates:
Job Title: Fibre Optic Assembly Technician
We are looking for Fibre Optic assembly technicians to support Matrix Global Networks Ltd.’s manufacturing division. The ideal candidates work well in a fast-paced team environment, take pride in detailed-oriented work, handle production time pressures, and enjoy “hands-on" work. The candidates will primarily focus on fibre optic manufacturing but may work with our warehouse team to complete other tasks.
Job Functions to include:
- Inspect, kit and assemble components of optical fibres, ferrules, connectors
- Operate manufacturing test equipment
- Use bonding materials: epoxies, glues, etc.
- Work in controlled manufacturing area
- Use generic cleaning liquids (alcohol, isopropanol alcohol, etc.)
- Understand written work instructions, mechanical drawings, and schematics for a wide range of products to properly assemble and test the final product to the highest of quality standards
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment through compliance with procedures, policies and regulations
- Proper handling and packaging of critical and fragile optical components
- Assembly and testing of other fibre optic products and components
- Maintain Covid-19 Compliance within the workplace
- Ability to perform light manufacturing and use of assembly equipment, such as optical fibre cutters/strippers, crimping tools, polishing machines etc.
- Ability to work with Word and Excel files
- Self-starting individual with a strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to work well in a fast-paced group atmosphere, as well as individually, and comply with high quality standards
- Ability to multi-task
- Relevant experience helpful but not essential as training will be given
- Attention to detail and consistent follow-through on assigned tasks
- Must be analytical, observant, and communicative when it comes to the precise nature of their work
- Works well in a team environment and as an individual
- Overtime regularly available