Assist the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Director of Marketing and Admissions in the fulfilment of their roles by providing administrative and organisational support.
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 PA (DEPENDANT ON QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE)
40 HOURS PER WEEK, 52 WEEKS PER YEAR
Swanbourne House School is a Co-educational Day and Boarding school for ages 3 -13 based in the Buckinghamshire countryside, around 20 mins from the thriving new town of Milton Keynes.
Our curriculum provides a broad education with strong academic foundations, allowing pupils with a range of abilities, interests and learning styles to flourish.
It’s a progressive approach that ensures children are ready to take on the challenges of the next stage of their education with courage and confidence. In September 2019, we replaced Common Entrance with the Pre-Senior Baccalaureate, an assessment model that seeks fairly and accurately to quantify a pupil’s all-round achievements in the 11s and Top Year. A final summative Baccalaureate Certificate accompanies the transfer to senior schools and offers a 360 degree assessment of a pupil’s progress, knowledge, skills and attitudes.
The breadth and balance within the curriculum entices pupils to engage fully in the range of lessons they have each day. Activity and investigation enable our pupils to be confident in thinking for themselves and to be resilient when problem solving.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Support to SLT
• Provide administrative support to SLT (Bursar, Deputy Head, Assistant Head, Head of Lower School)
• Confidentially manage the Deputy Head’s and Head of Lower School’s email accounts
• Support the Deputy Head in the administration of pupil applications and scholarships to Senior Schools
• Take minutes at confidential meetings led by SLT as required
• Support the staff recruitment process from preparing the applicant pack and advertising to organising interviews
• Ensure timely and accurate information is passed from SLT to staff and vice versa to ensure the smooth running of the school
Support to Director of Marketing and Admissions
• Provide administrative support to the Director of Marketing and Admissions
• Assist with the management of the Admissions email account
• Assist in the collation of school news and stories
• Draft the weekly parent email newsletter and, following approval, distribute
• Proactively support in the taking of photographs and video for marketing purposes when required
Reception duties and general
• Support the School Receptionist and Head’s PA to ensure the main reception is not left unattended at any time
• Provide refreshments to visitors as required
• Answer and filter telephone calls, dealing with queries when possible
• Offer excellent customer service
• Build excellent professional relationships with children, parents and other professionals in the school
Whole-school organisation, strategy and development
• Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the School’s policies, practices and procedures, so as to support the School’s values and vision
• Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the School
Health and safety
• Promote the safety and wellbeing of pupils, and help to safeguard pupils’ well-being by following the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education and the School’s Child Protection Policy
• Help keep your knowledge and understanding relevant and up-to-date by reflecting on your own practice and identifying relevant professional development to improve personal effectiveness
• Take opportunities to build the appropriate skills, qualifications, and/or experience needed for the role, with support from the school
• Take part in the school’s appraisal procedures
Personal and professional conduct
• Uphold public trust in the independent education sector and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school
• Have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the School, and maintain high standards of attendance and punctuality
• Demonstrate positive attitudes, values and behaviours to develop and sustain effective relationships with the school community
• Respect individual differences and cultural diversity
For more information please see attached candidate pack below.
Submit a completed Application Form for Support Staff.
For any further information, please visit www.swanbourne.org
Closing date: 02/11/2020
Swanbourne House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity. The supplied references will be taken up and the School may approach previous employers to verify particular experience or qualifications. The successful candidate will need to complete a medical questionnaire.