Objective of Role
As a Technical Consultant you will be a very competent and skilled technician rated highly within the organisation. This role will see you assisting with design but primarily deploying Microsoft based solutions and the various networking technologies on which they, and other services, run. It will be a highly customer facing role. The daily role will involve delivering client systems, services and networks to the highest standard. In addition, but no less important, documentation before and after implementation of solutions must be extremely meticulous ensuring support is as streamlined as possible post deployment.
You are considered key to the technical project delivery function of the Professional Services team. You will be expected to maintain a technical understanding that is second to none and remain up to date in your knowledge of cutting edge technologies and changes within IT generally.
You should be willing to impart your technical knowledge to technical teams within Service Delivery and Professional Services in the form of short training sessions, Yammer updates or by verbal advice.
Given the nature of technical project delivery and your role within it, the need to carry out regular out of hours’ work should not be underestimated. In addition, there will likely be a need to travel to customer sites around the globe in order to deliver a project.
Silverbug will generally offer targeted training sessions to you but you should also be keen to enhance your knowledge and skills at regular intervals. An interest in specialising in specific technologies will also be beneficial in your role.
- To ensure smooth deployment of all technical solutions.
- Working with internal departments and 3rd parties to define project scopes, design solutions and deliver those solutions to the business.
- To effectively implement Corporate and Client technical/infrastructure related projects in line with business needs
- Occasionally to act as the highest level of escalation for technical queries from customers in order to assist the Service Delivery team in problem resolution.
- To support the Business Development Team in designing proposals within the customer requirements.
- To create clear and concise documentation from project installation for the Service Delivery Team to support effectively.
- To work with the Business Development Team on reviewing infrastructure related projects to continuously improve the Company’s offering.
- To keep Senior Management Team informed of new technologies to support service and product solutions helping to maintain the Company’s competitive edge.
- Keep the Company software up to date to ensure effective support for the client and support for other teams in the business.
- In depth experience in technical support roles.
- Must be able to demonstrate in-depth experience with Microsoft Technologies, including but not limited to Active Directory, Certificate Authorities, Group Policy and Azure AD and AAD Sync
- Must be able to demonstrate in-depth experience with Networking Technologies, including but not limited to, VLANs, Routing, Firewalls, ACLs and NAT
- Must be able to demonstrate in-depth experience of configuring MS Exchange Online and setup of Hybrid environments including but not limited to migrations from on-premise to cloud.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of SQL server administration and configuration
- Experience with implementing Autopilot, Endpoint Manager (Intune) and Hybrid Azure AD is desirable
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent documentation skills.
- MCSA Windows Server 2012 or above
- Azure Solutions Architect or on path to achieve is desirable
- CCNA/CCNP is desirable but need to be able to show ability to deliver Silverbug core products at this level. (Certification may become a pre-requisite depending on experience)