Manager Email: Androulla.Rule@milton-keynes.gov.uk
Hours: Full time, (37)
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
We are looking for a person with significant experience in a Senior role of Children’s or Adults’ Social Care, who would be interested in joining our Community Resource Team. The team’s main objective is to arrange and negotiate external placements and home care packages for both Adults and Children. This is in line with received referrals requirement, achieving value for money and good outcomes for each of our client. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work across both Children’s and Adults Social Care and with external providers and agencies across both fields.
- Operational leadership and management to ensure continuous improvement within the area of responsibility, Commissioning, Adult Social Care and Children’s Services. By meeting relevant national and local performance targets and by service improvement targets.
- Ensure excellent case management and joint working is delivered, including mediation and negotiation, managing internal relationships and processes which reduce delays, robust assessment and management of risk.
- Ensuring resources are allocated and monitored effectively to provide a robust service including leading the negotiation of fees processes to ensure it is used to deliver best value for money, revising and negotiating providers’ pricing and margin analysis and supporting the CRT Officers operationally when high volume referrals, within limited timescales, need to be processed.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Significant experience of either Adult Social Care or Children’s Services in a Senior Role.
- Experience of leading, motivating and managing staff and delivering high quality customer-focused service outcomes.
- High level written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide a high level of negotiation skills.
- Demonstration of an understanding of current issues affecting the Home Care and Placement Market for Adults and Children’s.
- Practical evidence of developing and maintaining good working relationships with a wide range of customers/stakeholders, developing a positive personal and organisational profile.