Manager Email: Candice.Boatswain@milton-keynes.gov.uk
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Social Worker Level 2
- Assessments are carried out effectively, speaking to/ observing the child, and within timescales so that his/her care needs are clearly identified and recorded
- Devise and implement clear child care plans and interventions appropriate for each child/family to address identified needs.
- Manage a Child Care workload under the supervision/guidance of the Team Manager/Deputy Team Manager.
- Accurate individual case records are maintained electronically and reports are provided as required.
- Attend regular supervisory meetings with team manager and/or a senior member regularly to monitor progress and identify development needs
- Works closely with other agencies and services in a co-operative way, sharing information and planning care together to meet the needs of the child holistically.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Social work qualification (DipSW, CQSW, Degree in social work or equivalent)
- Knowledge of main issues in relation to own client group
- Awareness of the legislative framework within which the role operates
- Proven ability to relate professionally with children and families evidenced through previous work as a Social Worker
- Able to undertake a range of childcare assessments and formulate care plans
- Able to manage own work load effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team with children and families including working co-operatively with other professionals and agencies to meet the needs of the child
- Ability to maintain up to date records