Manager Email: Anne-Marie.Brown@milton-keynes.gov.uk
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
12 Month Fixed Term Contract We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is looking for a new challenge, who enjoys working with people and wants to make a difference to people’s lives by supporting vulnerable service users. You will manage your own cases and provide advice and assistance to service users (or their representatives) to complete a statement of financial circumstances form in relation to their care needs, to determine any contribution they may need to make in accordance with the Care Act 2014 and Council policy. You will also provide advice to service users on general welfare benefit matters: helping to maximise service user’s income by identifying potential welfare benefit entitlement.
- Calculate client contributions, inputting data accurately into the computer system. Liaise with the client or representative on pertinent financial information. Refer to various IT systems for information pertinent to the financial assessment and related tasks, for example to ensure any correspondence is addressed to the appropriate person.
- Notify residential and nursing care providers of user contributions and liaise over collection methods.
- Ensure that financial processes are completed in accordance with legislation, government guidance, and in line with policy, procedures financial regulations of the council.
- Ensure that invoices are processed on time and accurately
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Educated to GCSE level, NVQ Level 2 or experience gained in a similar or related working environment
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working in a customer focused role in a fast paced environment
- Visit service users in their home as required
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload whilst at the same time work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent IT skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to process data and financial information related to the Financial Assessments Service to support the production of management reports
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders, in particular vulnerable adults and their carers, to support the delivery of the Financial Assessments service in line with the annual service plan
- Ability to understand and interpret national legislation, policies and guidance and to ensure processes remain compliant with national requirements