We are looking for an Engineer from a computer science or numerical/statistical background to join our data and analytics practice at Aiimi. You will join an established team consisting of data scientists, data visualisation consultants, AI developers and data analysts, working collaboratively on both internal and external projects. You will help this team get the data they need by sourcing it from disparate systems, cleansing, transforming and prepping the data for use within analytical and predictive models.
We will train you in the tools and tech required to do this but analytical thinking, problem solving and coding skills are required for this role. Aiimi will invest in your personal development, providing opportunities to obtain professional qualifications, attend technology conferences, and taking part in team hacks to explore cutting-edge technologies and ideas.
You will have the opportunity to help businesses grow through adopting new and exciting technologies, such as: cloudbased analytics, enterprise search, predictive modeling and real-time reporting. We help our customers solve problems and make the right decisions using data insight and advanced analytics. Almost all our work is done by embedding ourselves into customer teams, so you will be required to travel on-site to be part of one of the many innovative projects that we run within the utilities, manufacturing, retail and finance sectors.
Due to the nature of the work we do, all applicants will need to be able to travel and potentially work away from home as part of the role.
Essential Experience required
The key areas of responsibility for the Data Engineer include:
• Collaboration: you will be excited by working as part of a team of data scientists, analysts and visualisation professionals
• Communication: you will possess an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical/business users
• Problem Solving: be able to use data as a foundation to solve business problems
• Analytical Thinking: an ability to break down complex problems into single and manageable components
• Detail Oriented: an ability to maintain a high standard of outputs under tight deadlines
• Lead by Example: help inspire our clients to embrace new technologies and ways of thinking
• Understanding legacy processes and adopting new technology to manage change
We would like to hear from people with academic and/or commercial experience in the following areas:
Data analysis and acquisition
• Capturing data requirements from both customer and technical teams
• Understanding and identifying data sources to support data requirements
• Setting up interfaces to source systems and/or working with system owners to facilitate it
• Setting up data acquisition pipelines to move data from source to target systems
Data engineering and processing
• Setting up data processing jobs to clean and transform data
• Applying business logic and feature engineering techniques to generate data sets
• Troubleshooting and performance tuning data pipelines
• Supporting data science teams in their data acquisition
Tools and technology
• SQL coding skills (essential)
• Python coding skills (essential)
• Knowledge of Azure data services (ADF, Azure Data Lake Storage, SQL DWH)
• Familiarity with distributed systems (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, U-SQL, Spark, Data bricks etc.)
• Familiarity with unstructured data and No-SQL technologies
Head of Data and Analytics
Aiimi operates in a collaborative working environment and encourages all employees to work in conjunction with colleagues where ever possible, whilst also encouraging independent working.
• Competitive starting salary
• Up to 10% of basic salary in flexible benefits (to include death in service and critical illness cover as standard plus private
healthcare, dental, pension etc.)
• Up to 10% of basic salary in bonus
• 25 Days holiday (plus bank holidays) – increasing by a day every 2 years
• Training and personal development
• Bi-annual company retreats
For more information or to get in touch please email Charlotte Richmond.
We’re a small team working our way through lots of applications, so please bear with us. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks, we’re sorry that it’s not worked out this time. We’ll keep your details on file for any relevant roles that come up – to opt out of this, just drop us an email: email@example.com.
Academic background in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, numerical or statistical disciplines or demonstrable commercial experience in lieu of this