Specific Job Description
- Single point of contact for all CFE (Customer Furnished Equipment) deliveries and returns.
- Owning, maintaining and updating the CFE spreadsheet detailing status of parts and producing metrics that will support commercial documents.
- Reporting status to the programme manager and master scheduler and highlighting areas where assistance is required and flagging any potential delays to production.
- Customer facing role, able to explain requirements, maintain action records, chase outstanding deliveries, highlight shortages and hold the customer to account.
- Working with manufacturing and stores functions on ensuring production schedules are adhered to.
- Problem solver with a positive attitude and good organisational skills.
- Utilising MRP reports and following actions in the supply chain to ensure material is ordered and delivered to meet production requirements.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft work packages (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience in a busy production environment with high value operations and complex components.
- Excellent working knowledge of material control philosophies and practices in a wide range of environments.
- A good knowledge of SAP materials management system.
- Running an SAP Line of Balance.
- Raising and releasing of purchase requisitions.
- Kitting material to the shop floor.
- Competent with common IT systems.
- Experience of having worked with multi-functional teams.
- Excellent communicator and able to hold others accountable to agreed actions.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Similar material management systems working experience.
- Previous experience in armoured vehicle assembly and maintenance or aerospace industry.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.