The Business Analyst will support the development of electrification products by working with Digital Product Managers to define business requirements, through user stories, acceptance criteria, process flows to enable development of digital products and underlying technical services/platforms.
The business analyst will also make sure that the products and solutions once delivered, meet customer and commercial needs.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Understands the need/value of the product, the market, user needs, competitors and business OKRs
- Works closely with the Product Managers to create the product roadmap, prioritize features and maintain information updated for business to review at any time
- Capture business requirements/user stories. Defines and documents clear and concise business requirements that describe business scenarios and processes in language understandable to both technical and domain stakeholders.
- Creates end to end process maps and user flows to understand customer journey and operational processes, identifying opportunities to streamline/lean/build right first time
- Able to provide direction and support to technical teams for solution development (e.g. platform/services/APIs)
- Explores and develops recommendations for the project, including information regarding specific user requirements, system configuration, testing scenarios, workflow and business rules.
- Works closely with business area representatives, quality assurance analyst and scrum team to ensure the new system functionality will meet the needs of the business area.
- Plans, schedules and leads requirements gathering sessions with product managers and business users.
- Produces output (e.g. documentation/process) to an exceptionally high standard and provides guidance to users as appropriate for the different product releases.
- Tracks project scope through careful requirements management, roadmap updates and close work with scrum teams.
- Designs and supports the test scripts and test scenarios.
- The role has an impact on the overall product development and will be key to link Product Manager requirements with scrum teams
- The role will be focused on one specific digital product, but will need to understand the connection within digital and physical products (e.g. hardware) to ensure E2E operation and experience
Degree or Masters (required), ideally in engineering, computer science, information systems, business or similar field.
Minimum knowledge and experience:
- Deep understanding of development of digital products (tools, team structure, ways of working, agile methodologies)
- Experience in working with Azure DevOps for epic/feature/story documentation would be an advantage
- 3+ years of relevant working experience as business analysts or related experience
- A good experience on agile development projects within the software industry
- Experience in managing joint projects with partners and 3rd party suppliers
- Proven track record in performing in high-intensity environments, strong operational content involved, tight financial resources and challenging deadlines
- Self-starter mentality with drive and motivation whilst also being an exceptional communicator who works well within a multidisciplinary team, bringing colleagues with them
- Positive personality, with energetic leadership style and strong resilience
- Combination of structured and holistic approach with fast moving execution
- Passionate about continuous improvement, process efficiency and people empowerment
- Must be able to operate from Milton Keynes office, with travel to other locations on needs basis (assuming normal business practice/post covid)