Create exceptional customer experiences across all Electric Vehicle charging solutions, through delivery of awesome and inspiring chargers for use in home, public, commercial, and fleet environments.
Furthermore, be part of the team dedicated to making positive change, transforming an industry and helping our planet.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Develop and execute product roadmap for chargers in-line with feature roadmaps
- Manage overall product delivering against roadmap including requirements development, implementation, testing, certification over the full life cycle.
- Ensure focus on delivering high quality and high value charging products, always built with the user in mind. Balance with focus on generating business value and commercial return
- Lead product delivery teams to ensure timely delivery of new products and successful implementation of new feature content.
- Support creation of future-proof platform to maximise customer and business value.
- Own relationships to key suppliers and drive overall project delivery inline with engineering process from concept into series production.
- Bring insight on future trends in products and EV charging into the innovation pipeline
- Advocate the use of data to support decision making and doing the right thing
- Drive continuous improvement of products and processes.
The role is a critical part of the business growth strategy given the increasing importance of charging products from both customer and business perspectives.
The role will have indirect reports, you will manage a product delivery team including associated supplier relationships.
Degree or equivalent qualification in electrical and or electronics engineering.
Project/Programme management experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven and successful experience in the execution of ambitious product roadmaps, including launching new consumer, industrial or commercial products where continuous feature delivery is applied to enhance customer experience.
- Experience in customer centric design and taking concepts through to delivery.
- Proven and successful experience in adopting Systems Engineering approach to product development integrating both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Highly competent in managing product delivery teams containing hardware, software and mechanical disciplines.
- Proven ability to interact with multiple functions within an organisation to delivery goals, and more broadly, with the functions in the group that are working within product development, digital, mobility and/or electrification.
- Proven and successful in managing joint projects with partners and 3rd party suppliers
- Proven track record of performing in high-intensity environments, operating within tight financial resources and meeting challenging deadlines
- Self-starter mentality with drive and motivation whilst also being an exceptional communicator who works well within a multidisciplinary team, bringing colleagues with them on a journey
- Positive personality, with energetic leadership style and strong resilience
- A good balance of structured/holistic thinking with fast moving and pragmatic execution
- Passionate about continuous improvement, process efficiency and people empowerment
- Previous experience with product certification and launch into volume manufacturing.
- Interact with all functions across the organisation to ensure effective communication of product strategy, alignment of roadmaps/plans/timelines and provide proactive communications around product strategy through to execution.
- Connect with wider BP stakeholders and business units and 3rd party organisations/partners
- You will have direct interaction with engineering, marketing, finance, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance teams.