Responsible for providing advice, support and coaching regarding HS&E related matters based on advanced technical expertise, identifying hazards that occur in day-to-day operations, conducting self-verification activities to ensure conformance with HS&E requirements, and providing coaching and verification that HS&E systems and processes are understood, implemented and sustained. This position takes accountability for implementation of HSSE activities and driving the right safety behaviours amongst staff and contractors to enable prevention, and mitigation barriers to be effective.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Deliver HSSE related activities and deliverables in support of OMS conformance and HSSE regulatory compliance, and conduct self-verification assessments of operations to ensure adherence to all applicable requirements and guidelines
- Co-ordinate production of Annual Operating plan (AOP) monitor implementation of plan and associated actions, create HSSE MI to support leadership review and drive improvements
- Develop and update an annual risk assessment identify appropriate barriers and provide independent view of barrier strength
- Coach bpcm leadership in driving safe, compliant and reliable operations by advising on BP HSSE requirements and guidelines. Lead bpcm safety culture programme via a deep understanding of human performance, fostering a culture of care.
- Provide safety culture leadership and drive a ’speak up’ safety culture
- Ensure all regulatory interfaces and controls are in place and run effectively
- Fulfil the duties and responsibilities of Site HSSE Compliance SPA
- Coach and develop others to improve their leadership capability, enhance delivery of business objectives and build a performance culture
- Build an environment that supports the business to drive HSSE excellence
- Lead risk assessments, incident investigations and reporting as directed, contributing to the evaluation and implementation of corrective actions to mitigate risk, and challenges or raise under-reporting of HSSE related issues
- Coordinate and analyse HSSE self-verification, ensuring trends are tracked
- Interface with other bp local HSSE teams identify best practice champion CI activities for HSSE improvement
- Travel to other bpcm locations ie Hereford
- This position is part of the bpcm Leadership Team and as such, is encouraged to participate and understand business issues and contribute to direction setting to support the business goals
Recognised HSSE qualification ie NEBOSH certificate.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in HSSE roles dealing with personal and behavioural safety or equivalent operational experience
- Technical knowledge and experience in Hazard Identification and Risk Management; Risk Assessment, and Human Performance principles; HSE Assurance & Self-verification
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of HSSE policies, procedures, standards and practices (i.e., legislation, regulation and data management)
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and developing others and encouraging effective relationships throughout an organization