To support the proposal and bid qualification/ management process for opportunities from kick-off to preferred supplier status, managing activities from a variety of stakeholders ensuring that commercially viable quality bids are produced.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Co-ordinate and produce the tender invitation documentation to a high quality.
- Responsible for the introduction and implementation of all necessary proposal procedures and processes inclusive of the process, production and quality of contracts.
- Manage virtual bid teams involving contributions from Sales, Product Management, Operations, Finance, Commercial, Legal and other stakeholder groups.
- To be accountable for the day to day management of active tenders
- Maintaining and updating of a boilerplate material database (e.g. Bid Library)
- Documenting template management in line with company branding.
- To have the ability to travel and have flexible start and end times to meet the requirements of customers and to create effective working with virtual teams.
- Provide consultative support for procurement activity best practice
- Managing Multi-lot material and service tenders to completion
- Champion document management and change control best practices
- Attend/organise regular update calls for the virtual team throughout the bid process to ensure everyone is aligned
Ideally someone that has or is working towards a relevant certification for professionals in a bid & proposals environment (Foundation Level Accreditation or similar).
Or an individual with B2B experience and a successful track record in a similar role driving bid/opportunity strategy, developing successful profitable solutions and managing opportunities through the full lifecycle.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to understand and interpret market, customer, financial, and operational insights.
- Strong planning skills, with experience of balancing short-term requirements with longer-term Strategies.
- The ideal person would be able to demonstrate experience of driving bid/opportunity strategy, developing successful profitable solutions and managing opportunities through the full lifecycle.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Quick to analyse, interpret and recommend solutions to key stakeholders.
- Proven organisational, prioritisation and anticipation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
- High standard of IT Literacy – MS Office & Microsoft Teams
- Someone that can establish commercial business acumen in managing bid costs and delivering the opportunity within the agreed budget.
- Driving efficiencies across the Supply Chain & Procurement team and ensure full process integration with all Sales processes and tools.
- This role will sometimes require flexibility outside of normal production hours to undertake & engage with the BP Chargemaster 24-hr operation