BP Chargemaster provides Electric Vehicle Charging equipment for use in Home, Workplace and Public environments.
We own and operate the UK’s largest charging network (Polar) and have over 40,000 home chargers installed in domestic properties.
An Principal Certification Engineer you will be responsible for Certification of our products inline with regulatory and market requirements. This will include identification, monitoring and analysis of relevant regulation and associated standards in addition to development and execution of certification programmes in conjunction with engineering team, external affairs, certification partners, suppliers and standards organisations.
BP Chargemaster will play a critical role in supporting BP’s ambition to achieve “Net Zero by 2050”. We are seeking talented and enthusiastic engineers to make this happen.
- Identification, monitoring and analysis of relevant regulation and associated standards.
- Development of requirements related to standards and certification.
- Development of certification test programmes.
- Management of certification partners.
- Execution of certification programmes.
- Monitoring and traceability of formal documentation associated with certification.
- Monitoring and engagement in with external standards organisations.
- Experience with CE certification.
- Familiar with Low Voltage Directive, EMC Directive, RED Directive.
- EMC testing (immunity and emissions)
- Environmental testing
- Under / Over voltage, Overcurrent, Insulation, and electrical fault testing.
- Familiar with relevant standards bodies including (ISO/IEC and BSI)
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in the field of science
- Engineering with 3 years of experience in product certification testing or product development.
50-60k + benefits