BP Chargemaster provides Electric Vehicle Charging equipment for use in Home, Workplace and Public environments.
We own and operate the UK’s largest charging network (Polar) and have over 40,000 home chargers installed in domestic properties.
As Principal Validation Engineer you will be responsible for Design Verification and Product Validation for BPChargemaster's home, public and fleet charging solutions. This will include verification and validation planning, process, tools, templates and test assets across our product range and facilities for both hardware and software.
You will manage a small but dedicated team of hardware and software testers to ensure we deliver products which are tested for function, durability and robustness prior to launch ensuring coverage and traceability is maintained against requirements.
BP Chargemaster will play a critical role in supporting BP’s ambition to achieve “Net Zero by 2050”. We are seeking talented and enthusiastic engineers to make this happen.
- Management of hardware and software testing team.
- Ownership of verification and validation planning, process, tools and templates.
- Accountable for test planning, test methods and execution.
- Management of test engineers and test assets.
- Delivery of test capability across our facilities.
- Traceability of test methods and results to the requirement.
- Ownership traceability and calibration of test equipment, rigs and fixtures.
- Engagement in failure mode avoidance activity
- Engagement with component suppliers, certification, and engineering.
- Regulatory compliance, Quality, Timely Product launch.
- Testing team will report to this position. (Currently two heads, growing to three).
- Experience with design verification and product validation (consumer / industrial product).
- Knowledge electrical power testing
- Knowledge of Human Machine Interface (HMI) testing
- Knowledge of communications testing
- Knowledge of EMC and Electrical Safety testing in conjunction with external test houses.
- Experience developing test rigs and fixtures in conjunction with engineers /technicians
- Supplier management (external test houses, equipment suppliers)
- Ability to develop process, tools and templates and strategy.
- Knowledge of software testing (desirable)
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in the field of science and engineering with 3 years of experience in testing or product development.
Occasional off-site work may be required.