Wellbeing Advisor (Registered Nurse)
- Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
- £15.72 to £16.62
If you’re dedicated, compassionate and want to positively impact the lives of others, look no further!
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team and support two locations (Rosewood Court and Sunley Court) as a Registered Nurse (Well Being Advisor – Temporary Contract). You will be based at our Rosewood Court Retirement Scheme situated in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 1LQ, and be required to work 15 hours per week (7.5 hours at each location). For this you will receive a competitive hourly rate of £15.72-£16.62p/h (£12,294 – £12,998 pro rata of the FTE) depending on qualifications and experience. In addition, you will be entitled to an excellent benefits package which includes;
- Employee Assistance Programme
- BUPA and Health Sure cash plan
- Free gym membership
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays per annum - pro rata FTE
Here at ExtraCare we offer our residents access to outstanding retirement villages, promoting care and lifestyle opportunities that truly do create ‘better lives for older people’. We are committed to offering fulfilling and worthwhile careers to all our staff – enabling you to deliver the quality of service we promise.
What will you do as our Registered Nurse (Wellbeing Advisor)?
- Assess all new residents that move into the village
- Create and support a programme of health and wellbeing promotion
- Provide drop in sessions and deliver wellbeing checks
- Work closely with resident volunteers and team members, to promote opportunities to actively improve their health and well being
Our ideal Registered Nurse (Wellbeing Advisor):
Qualifications and Training
- Registered Nurse Adults
- Evidence of professional development in community health or primary care post registration qualification
- Specialist training to master’s degree or equivalent level (desirable) – Community, District or Practice
- Teaching/ Mentorship qualification
- Current NMC qualification
Experience and Knowledge
- Significant experience in managing older people
- Experience or knowledge of primary care and referral to primary care
- Experience of frailty identification and managing long term conditions
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Evidence of participation in audit
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and can demonstrate ability to work with others
- Ability to analyse risk and respond appropriately, seeking support as necessary
- Ability to recognise own limits and seek support re supervision as necessary
- Competent in computer skills
- Ability to maintain and manage own caseload, working autonomously within the specialist area
- Ability to provide, receive and process highly sensitive and sometimes contentious information
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and can demonstrate awareness of MDT functioning
- Diplomatic, assertive, confident
- Emotionally resilient
- Non-judgemental approach
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work in a community setting with vulnerable older people
Don’t miss out! Click ‘apply’ now to make a difference to the lives of older people as our Registered Nurse (Wellbeing Advisor).
- Closing Date: 30th November 2020
This Registered Nurse (Well Being Advisor) post will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, two references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.
ExtraCare is committed to making our recruitment practices as fair and inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes to support candidates throughout the recruitment process.
ExtraCare reserve the right to close this advert prior to the closing date shown, should this position become oversubscribed.