About the role
To support our expansion, we are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual to join our busy market leading company as a Qualification Quality Assurance Lead.
This is an ideal position for a person looking to further their skills and knowledge for their next step in Quality Assurance. The role requires good self-organisation and self-management skills to ensure that all Sava partners are working to support our learners to achieve their maximum potential and are being supported to provide good quality teaching, learning, and assessment.
You will have a good working knowledge of vocational qualifications delivered under an Ofqual framework, as well as the processes involved, and you know what it takes to be part of a successful service delivery team.
What you’ll be doing
- Fulfil the day to day training and assessment centre operational requirements including liaison with assessors, trainers and key stakeholders
- Identify process improvements to ensure better outcomes for all training and assessment and training partners taking responsibility for highlighting these and contributing to updating our QA procedures
- Be the key point of contact for assessors and trainers, ensuring they deliver a high quality service
- Work with colleagues to ensure learners have a positive experience throughout the qualification journey
- Proactively contribute to relationships, contracts and outcomes with our preferred service suppliers including assessors, verifiers, trainers and software and system providers
- Ensure we meet or exceed our mandatory obligations to our Awarding Bodies, Professional Bodies and other regulators
- Manage any situations that many arise when things go wrong for learners and other stakeholders including extenuating circumstances, appeals, payment holidays, employer liaison or complaints
- In rotation with other members of the business, attend training days and promotional events across the UK to support existing and potential customers (this will include occasional Saturdays with an overnight stay on the Friday). During this Covid-19 period, all training is currently delivered via live virtual classrooms and so no travel is involved.
- Deliver training on induction and assessment processes
- Engage with the wider company to understand the commercial drivers and use your skills and expertise to help the company succeed
We really need you to have the following knowledge
You must have:
- Qualified by experience – three years in a similar role in a commercial, professional body, educational or competency framework environment
- Vocational accredited or non-accredited qualifications and Professional or Awarding Body structure and QA processes at Level 4 or above
- Leading the upholding of high standards in Quality Assurance and improvements in line with Awarding Body requirements
- Adult learning delivery techniques, methodologies, quality measures and the administrative demands required to ensure the maximisation of timely assessment & verification
- Experience of working with third party providers, contractors and consultants who are key to successful delivery
- Experience of using a range of student tracking systems to manage progress and improvement
- Assured user of Microsoft 365 especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We’d like you to have:
- Understanding of the OFSTED Education Inspection framework and other standards
- Holder, or working towards, a relevant further, higher or vocational qualification such as V1 Verifiers Award or CAVA/IQA Award
We want you to have the following skills, abilities and attributes
- A desire to really understand our business – what we sell and deliver to our customers and why they choose Sava
- A great work ethic where you bring your whole self into the role and where you derive personal satisfaction from delivering a great service to our customers
- An ability to push through your ideas and challenge the current way of doing things, in pursuit of improving the customer experience. Whilst at the same time being diplomatic and sensitive to other’s opinions
- A ‘can do’ attitude, solution focussed with innovative problem-solving ideas
- Able to self-motivate and work on your own initiative whilst managing your time in order to meet deadlines and objectives
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly, instilling confidence and leaving positive impressions
- Able to anticipate issues, take responsibility and make decisions
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable to speak to an audience of approximately 40 learners
- Flexible attitude to working hours to enable support of training activity and promotional events across the UK, some taking place during evenings and weekends
To apply for this opportunity, please write to us with your CV in the first instance.
The selection process is likely to include five steps:
- An initial video informal conversation
- A video interview
- Psychometric testing (online)
- A short task to allow you to further demonstrate your abilities to us
- A final face to face interview (following all necessary COVID-19 precautions)
Sava is a growing business based in Milton Keynes who provide training, assessment and software solutions within the built environment.
Sava provides a range of residential surveying vocational qualifications for both new entrants and existing professionals. Overseen by the Awarding Body for the Built Environment and accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers, the qualifications are recognised by top employers and provide the specialist knowledge needed to build a successful career in surveying and valuation.
No agencies please. Applications that are received via agencies will be ignored.