- Be aged 16 – 47 years old (Must attest before 48th birthday) Applications can be submitted from age 15 years and 9 months
- Have GCSE at Grade C/4-5 or SCE Standard Grades at Grade 2/Scottish National 5 (Grade A–C) in English Language and Maths. (Waivers may be considered for professional qualifications and experience)
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, holder of dual UK/other nationality or have been a Commonwealth Citizen since birth
- Commit minimum 3 years post Phase Two Training
- Meet the health and fitness criteria
- Pass the Airmen Selection Test
- Pass a Fitness test
- Advising on and administering; pay and allowances; movements, travel and accommodation; performance appraisals.
- Preparing RAF personnel for deployment to operations and military exercises and supporting them throughout, often deploying with and working alongside them.
TRAINING YOU’LL RECEIVE
Your career will start with a 10-week Basic Recruit Training Course at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire. The course is designed to help you adjust to a military environment. As well as fitness and military training, you’ll also learn about the RAF lifestyle.
The next step is an 8-week specialist training course at the Personnel Administration Training Wing at MOD Worthy Down in Hampshire. During the course, you will learn about Personnel and HR administration in the UK Armed Forces in general and the RAF. You will be enrolled on a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration.