- Be aged 16 – 47 years old (Must attest before 48th birthday) Applications can be submitted from age 15 years and 9 months
- GCSE Grade C/Grade 4 in English, Maths and preferably Science - See full details below
- You must be a citizen of the United Kingdom or dual UK/Other nationality
- Whether or not you were born in the United Kingdom, you should have resided there for the 5 years immediately preceding your application.
- Commit minimum 3 years post Phase Two Training (or 4 years if in receipt of the £5k Joining Bonus) after specialist training.
- Pass the Airmen Selection Test
- Pass a Fitness test
- Manage equipment like Tactical Satellite Systems
- Protect and defend the RAFs Cyberspace
- Set up communication and control systems for operations and exercises
- Provide Mission Support System Capabilities to next-generation aircraft
TRAINING YOU’LL RECEIVE
Your career will start with a 10-week Basic Recruit Training Course (BRTC) at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire. The course will prepare you for service life in one of the most respected military forces in the World. As well as fitness and military training, you’ll also learn about the core values, code of conduct and history of the RAF, as well as its unique lifestyle.
The next step is a training course at No 1 Radio School at RAF Cosford, near Wolverhampton: a first-class Microsoft and Cisco-accredited academy. This foundation course is around 35 weeks long and is designed to provide you with all the training, the skills and knowledge across the full range of specialisations you may be employed in.