Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director the Estimator will be producing detailed cost plans for a mix of residential schemes of both high and low rise construction in the North and South Home Counties.
- Preparation of initial construction budgets from in-house cost models and external data for land purchase feasibility studies.
- Assist with the technical aspects of each bid including identifying costing of all abnormal elements and risks.
- Completion of our land appraisal document in liaison with the land, technical and planning team.
- Produce robust construction budgets of both direct labour work elements and subcontract packages to enable cost certainty at planning submission sign off stage.
- Assist the technical team with cost advice and input into cost options and value engineering exercises during design development, identifying and costing all abnormal elements and risks.
- Interrogation of live development costs reports to extract relevant current cost information for feasibility purposes.
- Enabling a complete audit trail from initial estimate to out-turn cost.
- Measurement, calculation and preparation of direct labour prices.
- Coordination with contractors to obtain data for estimates.
- Site visits and inspections.
- Liaison with external consultants with regard to cost issues.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly cost plan status reports for submission to Directors.
- Maintaining a database of rates for use in future cost plans.
- Developing the structure of the cost plans into trade and preliminary package budgets.
- Adopt, maintain and ensure compliance with Dandara Management System processes and documentation.
- Liaison, co-ordination with other departments regarding development costs including engineers, surveyors, buyers, interiors and the construction teams.
- Taking off and scheduling of materials for passing to buyers for initial material ordering.
- Ensuring correct cost coding of budget costs.
- You will have proven Surveying/Estimating project knowledge on residential and/or commercial projects together with relevant industry qualifications.
- The successful applicant will need to be a team player, self-motivated and able to work using his/her own initiative.
- Experience of MS Excel and Word is essential. Knowledge of Bluebeam measuring system would be favourable but not essential.
- Excellent remuneration package for an ambitious individual who is keen to work on our exciting projects.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.