Have an appetite for more?
Join a leading global bakery group powered by ambitious people that are truly passionate about delivering the best in everything they do.
With business in mind and people at heart we always work together to influence our road ahead. We want you to be part of our growth journey and of a great, global family.
An exciting new vacancy has arisen for a Process Development Manager. Reporting into the Head of New Product Development (NPD) you will be accountable for the management and delivery of NPD launches and value engineering initiatives at the Bedford Site, supporting the Lantmännen Unibake UK growth strategy. These initiatives are executed through the NPD process.
You will be great at:
- Organising and managing production trials in conjunction with cross functional site-based teams to launch products
- Develop strong cross functional working practices with the operational teams to ensure products and processes are designed for manufacture prior to launch
- Work with the concept development chefs to guide and advise on the design and alignment of new concepts to factory process, to ensure a successful commercial launch
- Calculate the cost/complexity savings and timeline expected as a result of the initiative and obtain full agreement from the Head of NPD to proceed
- A self-starter, with the drive and tenacity to keep pushing numerous projects through the business at all times
- A good listener who shares the ideas of others and builds upon these
- Able to travel regularly between our sites in Bedford, Milton Keynes and Bagshot
- Customer-focused with a strong understanding of the demands and ways of working of key UK customers in both retail and foodservice
- Education to degree level in Food Science or related Technology
- A proven track record of leading NPD/EPD/CI type projects to execution within a senior NPD role
- A minimum of 4 years product development / technical experience within the food industry
- Proven track record of working to tight deadlines within a fast-moving environment
In return we will offer you:
The opportunity to work with an inspiring, future led team within a company who value intrapreneurial spirit. People are our most important ingredient and we are proud of the fact that we develop our people for the future of our business.
We will also offer you a competitive salary, along with attractive benefits.