As the keeper of the culture for our organisation, the HR Manager, will follow our core value of People First: People are our priority. Whether it is our customers or our employees, we treat each person with the highest respect and kindness. We are in the people business, serving pizza and related products.
Responsible for the entire employee lifecycle with knowledge and experience in Employment Law, TUPE, HRIS, Training and Development and organizational communications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle employee contracts related to TUPE during acquisitions.
- Ensure all work aspects are compliant with employment law and TUPE.
- Point of contact for the applicant tracking system (ATS) and onboarding, ensuring proficient field usage of the systems and compliance.
- Supports the field in recruitment activities by assisting with ATS job postings.
- Performs all new hire activities related to employment contracts and onboarding.
- Establishes any applicable benefit enrollments, background checks, and orientation communications.
- Processes and tracks employee leave of absences for medical leave requests.
- Processes and tracks jobseekers allowance (unemployment insurance). Serving as the point person for both the injured employee and the insurance claim representative, keeping the lines of communication open yet maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Provides workforce reporting including but not limited to active and terminated employees and turnover.
- Maintains the HB Pizza/UK policy manual and handbook providing updates in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and ensures new managers-in-training (MIT) are set-up for success during their onboarding and technical training. Provides training plans. Conducts orientations and serves as a new hire resource for both the MIT and the field managers.
- Prepares training materials for new hires and ongoing training based on current needs and employment laws.
- Coordinates service and performance recognition programs.
- Serves as a valuable resource for retention and engagement activities for the organisation.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to support the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- University degree in business, human resources management, or extended years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Level 3 or 5 CIPD qualification.
- Human Resources experience of 3 to 5 years within quick service industry preferred.
- Training coordination or management training experience in the quick service industry preferred.
- Team player with a proactive approach to the administration of day-to-day business tasks. Exceptional customer service skills with quick response to internal and external clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency skills with ability to work in a vary of software and HRIS applications and systems.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task day to day responsibilities to meet goals, working with the parent company and US Director of Human Resources.
- Valid driver’s license, proper insurance coverage, and a good driving record as work travel will be required 30%.