We are looking for people to play video games!
The Competitive Gamer will play against other players, to the best of their ability, to ensure the successful delivery of esports tournaments at 49CG as part of its Competitive Gaming product.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of playing NBA2K21. They will be keen to develop their NBA2K skills, and any other sporting games as required.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships:
The role reports to the Competitive Gaming Operations Manager. The role will work closely with Operations, Referees and Casters on a day to day basis. As such, a high level of interpersonal skills will be very advantageous.
Location: Milton Keynes
Base pay of £10 per hour + up to £3 an hour in WIN Bonus + a Monthly Rank Bonus + additional night pay £3 for hours worked between 23.00 to 06.00.
Potential earnings of £17 per hour
The main responsibilities of the role are:
Game Knowledge and Practice
● Ensure all games are played to the best of your ability
● Maintain a competitive skill level throughout all games
● Ensuring adherence to Integrity standards, including undertaking training, monitoring and education
● Adherence to the event rulebook
● Adherence of ESIC’s Procedures and Policies
● Ensure high standards of professionalism on and off broadcast
● Ensure a clean history of social media usage
● Coaching for media and interview usage as required
Skills and Experience:
● Experience of playing NBA2K21
● Excellent self-presentation as image will be broadcast
● Desire to compete and win
● Experience in competing at tournaments/offline gaming events
● Knowledge of the video game industry and trends.