bp Pulse operate in a high growth and highly dynamic market, we know how important it is for our business to match that pace of change but with the rigour and governance that enables rapid scaling and accurate business performance in parallel, this role is critical to that purpose.
Our Programme Managers are accountable for our most important deliverables, from the strategic programmes which align to our 3 Customer orientated P&Ls (Home, Fleet & Network) through to the pop up sprint activities which are required to keep our business continually improving, they work closely with all functions and help drive our performance culture.
With a passion for enabling delivery through structure, clarity & control and experience of implementing and managing change in highly dynamic environments the Programme Manager will be a key member of a high performing team, critical to future success of bp Pulse
OVERALL JOB PURPORSE
As a Programme manager, you will ensure on-time, on cost and on benefits / spec delivery of Programmes & Projects across bp Pulse. You will be responsible for driving, enabling and interlocking requirements specification, development and delivery. Managing dependencies and risks, you will facilitate alignment across all areas of the business to successfully deliver and ensure early life integrity.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Responsible for stakeholder management across bp Pulse and wider BP, building strong relationships across functions, working in collaboratation to achieve business goals
- Responsible for end-to-end programme delivery using internal reporting systems and tools to support the business and our operational teams
- Definition of project / programme objectives and being on point to support stakeholders from across the business and product to develop business cases for new initiatives
- Identification of synergies and duplication across projects and forums with the intention of streamlining where possible
- Centre of Excellence / Role Model for all levels of Change Governance, able to facilitate Leadership team governance but also assist with coaching operational teams on best practise
- Communication of programme status through governance, to ensure wider business stakeholders are aware of programme status, as well as any risks, issues or milestones requiring attention
- The role is a critical part of the business strategy to ensure bp pulse and the broader electrification team delivers their business and product roadmap based on clear prioritisation
- Degree or Masters (required), ideally in engineering, computer science, business or similar field
- Project/Programme management experience ideally with relevant qualification (qualifications preferred but not essential)
- Proven success managing and delivering complex, cross-functional “product programmes”
- Experience of Requirements capture, interlocking and delivery
- Experience with multiple Project Management & Development tools, i.e. Airtable, Project, ProductPlan, ADO etc
- Experience managing user stories, software backlogs and sprint/agile style delivery methods
- Experience in technical delivery or digital products
- Comfortable leading cross functional teams across engineering, marketing, sales, operations, digital products and technology
- Ability to provide structured and logical approach to complex problems, with excellent core problem solving ability
- Positive personality, with energetic leadership style and strong resilience
- Proven track record of performing in high-intensity environments, operating within tight financial resources and meeting challenging deadlines
Hybrid working - You will divide your time between home and our Milton Keynes OR London offices.
With a competitive salary depending on experience, when you join bp Pulse you’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including, wellness days, training and development, EV leasing opportunities and much more!
As an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and care about people. We would hope you will be like minded with a positive personality, energetic working style and for this role exceptional communicator who can work well within a multidisciplinary team.
You are a vital part of the electric future, start charging up your new career today!