Trainee Estimating Assistant
BSP Electrics Ltd have been electrical contractors for new build properties for over 40 years. We work with large developers to provide electrical installations on multiple sites with anywhere between 10 and 500 new homes. Brian Pope is the Managing Director with over 50 years’ experience and will be the person you directly report into.
This is a varied role working in a small office, duties include but not limited to:
· Assisting in tendering for new jobs on new build housing developments.
· Reading and extracting relevant information from tender documents.
· Completing material take off from a combination specifications and drawings.
· Document control and organisation during tender period.
· Document control and organisation upon award of new site.
· Marking up and annotating drawings to be used on site.
· Liaising with surveyors to answer queries from site.
· Some light lifting when receiving deliveries.
· Ad hoc administrative duties.
We will provide training however some basic skills will be required:
· Good understanding of Microsoft office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Attention to detail.
· Professional working manner.
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· Possess skills to communicate at all levels.
· Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
· Some electrical knowledge.
· Driving licence.
· Estimating experience.