Join our community.
This role is to manage Compliance advisory services in line with Santander's Conduct and Regulatory Risk Framework for the Business Banking and Corporate & Commercial Banking divisions.
Advisory services include challenge, guidance and interpretation of relevant rules and providing specialist advice to help the business areas deliver their objectives in line with regulatory expectations and with adherence to relevant policies and frameworks.
This role is fast paced, involves working on several high profile and complex projects and requires extensive stakeholder engagement and management.
The difference you'll make.
- Helping the business areas deliver their objectives by providing expertise and commercially sensitive pragmatic advice to senior stakeholders, in the interpretation of relevant conduct and regulatory requirements.
- Carrying out 2nd line oversight activities to help identify and address conduct and regulatory risks
- Developing and maintaining relationships with colleagues to deliver creative thinking and innovative solutions to manage conduct and regulatory risks.
- Contributing to key meetings and committees by reviewing, analysing, and challenging MI, making recommendations for continuous improvement and instilling a customer and conduct focused culture
- Ensuring appropriate governance is followed for approval of proposals, documents and communications
What you'll bring.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of regulations, frameworks and policies applicable to business banking and corporate and commercial customers.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate complex issues and provide sound judgement in determining appropriate actions and solutions
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Experience of working in a Compliance Advisory or Risk Oversight role across different aspects of financial services, with good knowledge and understanding of the applicable UK regulatory framework, industry trends and best practice
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate and network effectively and influence others using a range of approaches to deliver good outcomes for customers
- Experience of complex projects including regulatory change and risk management along with strong organisational and change management skills.
- Experience of engaging and influencing stakeholders and providing challenge through relevant governance channels and risk meetings.
What else you need to know.
- This a permanent position. The role is located in Milton Keynes with the ability to work flexibly on a hybrid basis between home and office.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at email@example.com or call 0870 414 9080.
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'.