Wolverton, Milton Keynes
Kids Play Childcare are the fastest growing childcare provider in the South East, with 7 sites in Milton Keynes, as well as settings in Bury St Edmunds, Leighton Buzzard, Lincoln, High Wycombe, Durham, London and St Albans.
We have a brand new opportunity for a committed, experienced Childcare professional to manage our established and enthusiastic team at our Day Nursery in Wolverton, Milton Keynes. Our nursery is a 42 place setting looking after children from 6weeks old - 5 yars old.
This role will be exciting, challenging and extremely rewarding! We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including:
- 50% off childcare (including Holiday Camp)
- Over 800 offers for high street discounts with popular retailers to include cinemas, restaurants and theme parks.
- External 24 hour helpline with counsellors for any issues you want to discuss.
- Access to 18 training courses including Child Protection and ongoing training and development
- Free hot lunches every day
- 28 days annual holiday, after 2 years of service these increase by 1 day per year, up to 33 days holiday!
- Free uniform
- NEST Pension scheme for all staff
- Company awards ceremony every 2 years
Purpose of the post:
To develop and maintain the day to day organising and functionality of the setting provisions, leading a team of Practitioners.
To provide a happy safe, secure and stimulating environment in which the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and psychological development of the children is taken in to full account.
To encourage the children to maintain and develop their own individuality and independence.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the effective daily management of the setting is in accordance with Company Policy, the Children Act 2004, and other relevant legislation; and all Local Authority and OFSTED requirements.
- Strive to deliver an outstanding setting.
- To maintain staff records and lead appraisals and supervisions.
- Be responsible for recruitment, management, training and discipline of all settings staff
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the setting and meet occupancy and financial objectives.
- Helping students and trainees to settle in and make a contribution to the assessment of the students and trainees performance and to ensure high standards are continually being met.
- To open and close the setting
- To provide an attractive stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays relevant to the age and needs of the children in the setting, which encourage independence, self motivation and eagerness to learn.
- To establish, in conjunction with the childcare SENCO, individual programmes for any children with special needs.
- To treat information of matters relating to the work within the setting as confidential.
- To ensure any injury or accident or suspicion of non accidental injury are recorded correctly or reported.
- To ensure a high standard of hygiene in relation to staff, children, equipment and surroundings.
- Monitor and ensure all agreed Company quality and safety standards are maintained in the setting at all times.
- To ensure company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- To ensure that the Ofsted standards including EYFS is followed at all times.
- Any other duties that maybe required
Qualifications and Skills
- A recognised childcare qualification level 3 or above
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with children
- The ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of OFSTED standards
- Knowledge and understanding of childcare management
- Ability to lead childcare team, developing positive relationships with colleagues, parents, children and outside agencies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Equal Opportunities
- Experience / knowledge of OFSTED Inspection
- Financial management experience
- Experience with software packages
- First Aid Certificate
- A real passion for working with children
- A strong command of the English language
- Flexibility and punctuality
Kids Play Childcare Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any employment is engaged. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. In the event of candidates not being part of the DBS update service, Kids Play Childcare Group will pay for a new disclosure to be carried out, however employees will be responsible for payment to subscribe to the update service. Individuals must register within 14 days of the date of the disclosure, otherwise they must pay for a new disclosure to be done again.
Application deadline: 02/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£27,500.00 per year