The Stores Person will control the receipt, storage and issue of bought in and manufactured parts as well as pack for despatch of spare parts and units.
- • Receive finished and machined parts into the stores system from supplies. Check quantities against order. Move parts from goods inwards to the main stores using pallet truck. Place parts in appropriate racks or customer’s order as necessary.
- • Use computer system to check components against customer order and allocate parts to customer.
- • Allocate stock for sub-assembly or assembly and move to kitting area.
- • Pick orders ready for assembly and put in the correct location.
- • Receive into stores machined components from the machine shop, check quantity, and place in appropriate stores rack or on customer order kit.
- • Determine shipment and packaging requirements for spare parts and units.
- • Pack spares items and units securely, including the use of any anti-corrosive protection requirements and labelling.
- • Report to supervision the need for attention to customers order and any concerns related to finished items received.
- • Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to and good housekeeping is maintained in the work areas. Use the PPE provided at all times. Report any health and safety concerns to supervision of the health and safety representative.
- • Participate in Kaizen activities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- • To carry out any reasonable task or project that may be required by the Value Stream Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- • Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- • Good attention to detail
- • Flexible and hardworking
- • Ability to prioritise
- • Calm under pressure
- • A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- • Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- • Previous experience in a stores environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, lift, and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Manual lifting requirements include but not limited to the following:
- • Regularly lift and/or move up to 5 kgs
- • Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 kgs
- • Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kgs