The Cycle Counter is responsible for monitoring warehouse inventory and performing cycle counting duties to ensure that all materials are properly verified to be reflective of reported inventory. Duties also include miscellaneous stores activities to maintain inventory accuracy through proper processing of material receipts, transfers, and issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cycle count raw materials, packaging materials, finished goods, and non-conforming materials on a daily basis.
- Utilise SAP to process cycle counts on bulk raw materials, review on-hand inventory, current activity, and past activity.
- Ensure materials are in proper locations. Conducts searches in order to locate misclassified inventory
- Open cartons, bundles, and other containers to count items and/or weigh materials to determine quantity on hand. Weigh and mark product displaying remaining product left
- Report discrepancies of over/under amounts and any damaged products to Value Stream Manager - publish weekly and quarterly inventory metrics
- Communicate and develop process enhancements as needed (performs root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies and recommends process improvements to eliminate them)
- Assist in receiving and put away process for new raw materials and packaging.
- Assist in transfers to and from production area.
- Breakdown boxes and pallets as necessary to fit shelving.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly warehouse appearance.
- Ability to work additional hours as required
- Adhere to all company policies and guidelines relating to Quality and Safety
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Demonstrable experience in shipping and receiving.
- Organized thought process with high attention to detail with ability to produce accurate results, effective prioritization to meet scheduled deadlines, and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues and work overtime as needed to meet deadlines
- Customer Service focus with the ability to build and maintain strong working and vendor relationships
- Excellent work ethic; ability to work self-directed and as a flexible team player
- Professional attitude and the ability to represent the company with integrity
- Ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Comfortable using a PC with computer software packages, including Microsoft Office and communicating effectively via email and phone frequently
Minimum Education requirements
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent – Grades A-C in Maths and English
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, bend, sit, lift, reach and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, Peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Manual lifting requirements include but not limited to the following:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 5 kgs
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 kgs
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kgs