The Materials Coordinator is responsible for performing all warehouse related work activities as assigned: receiving, stores, picking, packaging and shipping as well as controlling the receipt, storage and issue of bought in and manufactured parts. The Materials Coordinator is also required to pack and dispatch spare parts and units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate sub-con order for parts needing sub contracted operations.
- Pick orders ready for assembly and put in the correct location.
- Packing and shipping of products from the value stream.
- Receive finished and machined parts into the stores system from suppliers. Check quantities against order. Move parts from goods inward to the main stores using pallet truck.
- Place incoming parts in appropriate racks or customer’s order as necessary.
- Participate in Kaizen activities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- To carry out any reasonable task or project that may be required by the VSM.
- Issue Castings from yard to machines with production orders
- Be able to set the cutting saw and run the machine based on production order needs.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Requires broad technical and administrative experience in a manufacturing machine shop environment and stores.
- Must have Counter Balance Fork truck license.
- This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Will be computer literate, particularly in shop floor control and inventory control applications.
- Demonstrable experience in shipping and receiving
- Organized thought process with high attention to detail with ability to produce accurate results, effective prioritization to meet scheduled deadlines, and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues and work overtime as needed to meet deadlines
- Customer Service focus with the ability to build and maintain strong working and vendor relationships
- Excellent work ethic; ability to work self-directed and as a flexible team player
- Professional attitude and the ability to represent the company with integrity
- Ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Comfortable using a PC with computer software packages, including Microsoft Office and communicating effectively via email and phone frequently
Minimum Education requirements
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent – Grades A-C in Maths and English
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, bend, sit, lift, reach and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, Peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Manual lifting requirements include but not limited to the following:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 5 kgs
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 kgs
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kgs